Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blogs as Clubhouses

by Suzanna Stefanac


In this excerpt, Suzanna Stefanac illustrated key tips for new bloggers who aren't familiar with clubhouse blogs, or who are  unsure of what one topic to blog about in the first place. These tips ranged from engaging your audience to posting regularly and keeping consistent, ensuring that readers can always get their "fix", per say.

She highlighted that the most important thing is to showcase your personality- this was probably my favorite bit of advice, and I could tell it was one that Stefanac follows herself. Sometimes I think that individuality (ironically) is not a trait shared by everyone, which is why I am always attracted to anything unique and off-beat. Blogs as Clubhouses definitely reassured me that a good clubhouse blog is one that is memorable to readers and wants them returning for more.

Stefanac also mentioned examples of blogs, one of which is one of my favorites. The Sartorialist is a site by photographer Scott Schuman, who walks the streets of Manhattan and photographs real-life street fashion, capturing trends and inspirational pieces, and posts the results. Another blog she mentioned but one I was not familiar with was Flame Effects- an art blog by ex-engineer Mikey Sklar who takes pictures of fire. (side note: I checked out Flame Effects for myself, and I never thought I was a pyro until now... the pictures were absolutely beautiful!)

Suzanna Stefanac's piece on blogging was extremely helpful. She convinced me that you don't have to be a diehard fan of something to make a clubhouse blog- you just need to be truly passionate about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment