Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Website Re-Design Work

Working on the website re-design for the very interesting (...pretty strange) "Mama's Cheesies" clothing site has actually been pretty fun. I'm glad my group and I have worked together so well, it really gives me faith in group projects. I'm usually quite concerned when informed that there's going to be a group project in any class, but this time I was proven wrong. Everyone contributed their fair share, and we all worked together to figure out times to meet up on Google Docs, online, and in person to share our thoughts, ideas, and incorporate elements into the slideshow.

I was very impressed with how our website turned out. The website layouts I've seen in the past have been really professional (my sister majored in graphic design and I would always look over her shoulder when she'd work on such projects), so a slideshow on Google Docs wasn't exactly how I pictured the actual website would look like, but it's pretty damn close. The project itself made me love web design, especially after learning about the four key website design aspects: alignment, proximity, repetition, and contrast. I've always loved design, and I think this project made me love it even more.

Overall, our group works very well together. Since my roommate Rachel was pretty close with Hannah and Kayla first semester, it was easy for all four of us to become very good friends. We listen to each other's ideas and, in my opinion, blend together quite nicely. If one person is struggling with what to fix or do to one thing, another will help out; or if one person doesn't want to do one task, another would love to do it. This trust and balance are two important things that make group work so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment