Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Final Decision

I made my final choice for my clubhouse blog- the winner is indie music! I narrowed it down to indie music or Spongebob, because I knew I would have so much fun doing either. But I decided I would have more leeway with starting a music blog because I could talk about so much regarding different bands and how independent music has developed and succeeded throughout the past decade.

Still, I am brainstorming different ways to approach it. Should I only post one song per band I talk about? Should I spend a few days focusing on one band, and only talk about 4-5 throughout the two weeks? I've gone through my iTunes library and highlighted some of my favorite artists that I really want to include in my blog. These are bands that stand out to me as an avid music-listener... bands that are passionate about what they do. Bands who, when they perform live, perform because they want to expose their music for every ear to hear. Bands who like to have fun and express their thoughts through killer off-beat baselines that catch your attention and thumping, feel-it-in-your-stomach drum solos. Bands who capture glimpses of something truly human- love, lust, loss... or simply, just to have fun.


  • Born Ruffians
  • The Strokes
  • Animal Collective
  • Arcade Fire
  • Best Coast
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • Built to Spill
  • The Shins
  • Grizzly Bear
  • Passion Pit
  • Modest Mouse
  • Mumford & Sons
  • Silversun Pickups
  • Bon Iver
  • Sleigh Bells
  • The XX
Of course, I'll have to narrow these down. I'm going to start tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment